And the secret ingredients in these brownies are…. avocados and black beans!
Don’t leave just yet! Hear me out and you won’t regret getting in on the healthy little secret that makes these chocolatey brownies oh so tasty and good for you too. These are the perfect snack when you’re looking for a quick fix for your sweet tooth cravings, especially when you’re working hard to achieve or maintain your gorgeous muscles and/or curves. These little brownie bites can be worked into almost any diet, regardless your fitness goals. Check out my very first baking tutorial video below:
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large extra ripe avocado
- 2 tbs applesauce
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or stevia or honey (your choice of sweetener)
- dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 8×8 inch baking pan.
- Use a blender or food processor to blend black beans and avocado into a puree consistency. Carefully add in the remaining ingredients except for the chocolate chips.
- Pour that black bean avocado mixture into prepared pan and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out mostly clean.
I originally found this recipe on whatkatiesbaking.com, but she appears to have migrated the recipe somewhere else. I modified my original recipe with some of these adjustments mentioned by Ambitious Kitchen. Yum! Bon Appetit 🙂