Are you a new years resolutionist? Are you one of the many who have committed to get bigger, better, faster, stronger this year?
New Years resolutions are great! But we’re already a week into the new year and who are we kidding, those goals are only meant to last two or three days, maybe four if you’re feeling ambitious, right? WRONG!
Let’s take a look at how not to fail our way out of the annual goal setting stage.
1) Step one- are you unhappy with something about your life?
- Yes? You’re awesome, so let’s fix that!
- No? Good for you! Keep on being awesome!
2) Large goals can be exciting to take on, but they are also much more intimidating and challenging. Break your goal down into smaller bite-sized chunks so you won’t choke on your goal…and die. It’s also beneficial to choose something that is specific and measurable like:
- lose 2 lbs by the end of the month using healthy diet and exercise
- cut out potato chips, or soda, or sugary cereals from your diet (just a couple of small changes at a time so you don’t go crazy and binge eat all the junk food)
- limit eating fast food to once a week
- not a big fan of exercise? try taking a dance class, yoga, pilates, kickboxing, or get a dog and walk it for 30 mins everyday!
3) Get going! Share your goal with family and friends to build support or if they’re skeptical and unsupportive, use their criticism as your drive to prove those cotton-headed ninnies wrong. You can always find tons of online support from sites like bodybuilding.com, or health and fitness blogs and communities. Find a friend who is really motivated to take on the journey with you! Workout buddies are the best, if thy aren’t the kind that cancel on you right before going to the gym or are sabotaging your diet 😦 with brownies and pie (unless they are these brownies!)
Are you already doing the fitness on the daily? What kind of goals are you looking to up your game this year?
So that I can ultimately do another one of these!