All my pumpkin people unite! Fall is the best time to eat everything pumpkin flavored. We don’t even have to feel bad because it’s a vegetable.
So I needed to find a healthy pie, and Chocolate Covered Katie holds all the answers to the dessert universe. I found this healthy crustless pumpkin pie recipe and you can imagine my reaction>>>
Just kidding! That was my reaction when the pumpkin puree spattered all over my face, shirt and the kitchen because I had to pry it open as a result of a wacky can opener.
Did I mention I love pumpkin?
Anyways, I used this amazing recipe with a few modifications (blended up some rolled oats to make oat flour, brown sugar because I can’t afford the expensive substitutes, and extra milk instead of oil).
So here’s what goes into this tasty treat:
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice ( I added extra cinnamon because I didn’t have any pumpkin pie spice)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup flour (You can sub your favorite version of flour but Coconut flour won’t work according to Katie)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (You can also sub this for your sugar substitute of choice including agave, stevia, honey, ect.)
- 2 nunaturals stevia packs, or 2 extra tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can pumpkin puree (pure pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 3/4 cup of milk (1 cup if you leave out the oil like I did)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ground flax/cornstarch (I completely omitted this one)
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and blend all your dry ingredients and pumpkin puree in a large bowl. Add the milk, oil and vanilla extract and stir until smooth. Pour the mixture into your greased pie pan and pop it in the oven for about 35 minutes!
After it’s cool, put it in the fridge to set for an additional 6 hours for the best consistency.
You really can have your pie and eat it too! Share your favorite fall recipe in the comments below so I can try it out 🙂